Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Day 1

Yesterday was our last day of eating meat for 40 days. We are going vegetarian for lent (but will still be eating fish). So I guess that means we will only be semi-vegetarian. And I am happy with that.

I went to the grocery store to purchase the ingredients for our last Meat Supper. And I came out with the chicken that I needed and a cart-full of Boca and Morningstar items! I found a chicken receipe on allreceipes.com that sounded fabulous. You will hear me talk about this website quite a bit because I find so many great recipes on the site. (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Baked-Honey-Nut-Chicken/Detail.aspx). I love how many people will provide comments and suggestions to make the recipe better or more to their liking. So chicken was my request and hotdogs were Danny’s., two of our go-to meat meal preferences!

And now today when we woke up, we are vegetarians. And so now our quest to find alternative recipes begins……..

No comments:

Post a Comment